At FB DOORS, we care about the security that your family needs in the presence of hurricanes, and always recommend the installation of impact windows and doors; It is also important to know, if living with pets, how to evacuate them safely. Here are some tips to make sure your cats and dogs make it through the storm with you:
- Be sure your pets wear their collar and tags with updated identification. The best thing you can do is microchip your pets, because the collars can be lost.
- Place the owner’s cell phone number on the tag before evacuating.
- Make sure your pet has all current vaccinations and records.
- Create portable emergency kits with vital items, including medical records, water, food, medicine, trash bags and first aid supplies.
- Keep ten current photos of the pet on hand.
- Keep a strong leash with you.
- Each animal must have a cage according to its size to be able to carry them anywhere. You must make your pet familiar with their cage before it is time to evacuate to avoid any issues.
- Identify safe places and homes for your pets in the event of an evacuation.
It is necessary to take these precautions before evacuating and always take pets to any evacuation shelter or safe place; remember that they are part of your family.